Re: Installing NetBSD without installing script

[lot of stuff deleted]
> Amiga 3000 with Microbotics 8up Ram card (with 8meg on it) 4meg on the mother
> board and 2 chip ram. EGS specturm card.

 The Microbotics Card is 16Bit RAM. This is slower than your hard drive.
Leave it out. Drop it. Sell it. Offer it to a museum. You want my card as
well? :-)

> First off netbsd will crash when i try and boot the kernel unless i use the
> -pZ options for loadbsd. Wich only gives me 4meg of fast ram, 2 of wich the
> Specturm card uses.

 Aha. Try booting the Amiga with no Spectrum Workbench Emulation, ie. using
Amiga Bootmenu and "Without startup-Sequence", then use "loadbsd" in the
shell. To solve this problem later, you should install the NetBSD Bootsector
once you are able to install NetBSD.

> Thirdly I did try pulling the Ram card and netbsd would boot without the -pZ
> options, but would still crash when trying to extract the sets.

 Grumpf. Does not explain anything. Thou shall not crash. My Amiga 3000's
only difference to yours is the 040/25 accelerator board, and I have no
problems so far.

 Did you give the manual installation a try? (zcat base.tgz | tar xvfslp - )

 Have you verified your miniroot.fs?

--
Markus Illenseer
NetBSD 1.3.2 CD-ROM "Gateway! Vol. 3" now shipping!  See:  http://core.de/