Re: IP translator

> >     You should then backup make and config, rebuild them from the
> >     latest source, customise a kernel config file, compile & boot
> >     it. 'ps' & friends will not function until you recompile the
> >     userland ('cd /usr/src ; make build'), but the system should work
> >     fine to complete the aforementioned compile.
>
> I ended up using the two partitions that I'd set aside on my other drive
> for installing NetBSD.  I couldn't use that drive originally, since I
> needed at least one more partition.  Now, I have NetBSD 1.2 installed in
> one set of partitions, and 1.2G installed on another set, and have been
> able to go back and forth between them by holding down the two mouse
> buttons during a re-boot.

        Good stuff...

> I believe that I've successfully made a custom kernel, and have compiled
> most of the other software in the tree.  This does bring up some questions
> about my installation.  If I followed the above recommendation ('cd
> /usr/src ; make build'), 'build' is an unknown target.  In the
> distribution of current that I have from NetBSD.ORG, there is no
> 'Makefile' in /usr/src, unless I've missed installing something.  Further,
> several of the programs didn't compile, as they seem to want to rely on
> parts that are in another directory, and appear to be referenced by the
> '.PATH:' variable in make, but this variable seems to be ignored.

        You probably want to run a 'make install' in /usr/src/share/mk

        Download the toplevel Makefile from
        ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/Makefile

> Also, is CVS used by Amiga NetBSD, and do I need to get it installed?
> If so, doe somebody have the configuration files that they'd be
> willing to share?  Or would somebody supply the correct pointers on
> where to look in the release tree?

        cvs is available as part of 'othersrc'. Its used by people
        committing to the tree, and is a useful tool if you are planning
        on maintaining local changes to a source tree, but its not needed
        if all you plan to do is tract -current.

> In addition, I think that I've found the 'sup' part of the release.
> Does somebody have the configuration files for it that they'd be
> willing to share?  Or would somebody supply the correct pointers on
> where to look in the release tree?

        The best place to look would be in:
        ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/sup/

                David