Re: IP translator

On 4 Aug 1997, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> In article
> <Pine.NEB.3.96.970803042931.538A-100000%blkhole.resun.com@localhost>,
>       Net BSD Support <bsd%blkhole.resun.com@localhost> writes:
> > Other machines are Macintoshes running MacTCP.  The gateway on them is
> > set to 192.156.206.1.
>
> Very bad idea. These IP addresses are probably in use somewhere else.
> For internal networking you should use one of the reservered networks
> e.g. from 192.168.0.0/16.

Generally, agreed.  However, earlier in the post, I stated:

>  Done.  Not a reserved network, but used my registered IP.

which may have not been clear, but I own the registration on 192.156.206.0:

Research Unlimited (NET-RESUN)
   Research Unlimited
   Escondido, CA 92027

   Netname: RESUN
   Netnumber: 192.156.206.0

I believe that this should not be a problem, but I could be wrong.
:-)  Unfortunately, from what I'm told, it would be a major feat to
get anybody to agree to route to this network, hence the interest in
IPNAT.

--
  Don Phillips         bsd%blkhole.resun.com@localhost
  Research Unlimited