Booting, Writing and Running commands.

  I have three major roadblocks to clear that I'm sure some of you will be
able to help me with.  First of alll, my system:

  ·Amiga 2000 w/Tek-Magic 060/50/SCSI-II/32MB RAM
  ·3.2GB HD on the Tek SCSI containing WB partition
  ·KS/WB 3.1 V40.63/40.42
  ·A2091 SCSI controller w/405MB DEC HD holding NetBSD 1.2 partition  and
AmigaDos Partition for file sharing.

Problem 1:
  After installing NetBSD, halting the system, rebooting and relaunching the
kernel as directed, I am confronted with an error during NetBSD bootup
stating ``init not found''.  I have tried installing the system several times
and know that init is in place before I shutdown.  The only way to re-enter
NetBSD from this point, I have found, is to reboot and re-install NetBSD.  Of
course doing this wipes out my previous configuation and forces me to start
from scratch.

Problem 2:
  Upon installing the system, I am unable to write, execute scripts or modify
files in the root partition.  I believe the error I usually get is ``/ is a
read-only file-system'' (although that may not be exactly what appeared).
According to what I have read, I am booting in the single-user mode when
running the kernel which seems to make no difference.  Also, I read the NetBSD
FAQ and followed its directions for solving this problem:
mount -wu /dev/sd0a /
  I also tried ``mount -o rw /dev/sd0a /''.  In both cases, I got errors and
concluded that I did not know how to use the ``mount'' command properly.

Problem 3:
  Finally, just to get away from my other difficulties, I tried to install the
``base 12'' binary archive from the list of files I downloaded.  I followed
the installation instructions and ``catted'' the files together and fully
unarchived them into my usr partition.  Of course given that problem 2 was
still looming the background, I was unable to copy these commands to my root
partition bin directory.  In addition to this though, I was able to list,
``chmod 777'' and read from these command files, but on running them, I got
``<command> not found''.  <command> of course being the command I tried to
run.

  As UNIX is a relatively new concept to me, I am trying to digest as much
information as I can on NetBSD but I continue to be bugged by little problems
like these.  I do intend to see my system up and running and therefor would
greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer me on the above matters.
  Thanks in advance.

--Alex Johnson-ajohnson%accessv.com--@localhost