Re: g++ causes kernel panic (part 2)

Well....

I just tested my c++ hello world program (its all I know about c++) on
www.de.netbsd.org, a bare A3000 machine running netbsd-1.2.1 (like
yours), and it compiles just fine, withouit crashing the machine.

You should

a) make sure it is the _compiler_ and not _the linker_ (can you
compile with -c, producing .o files?)

b) make sure whether it is, say, a compiler and not a filesystem
problem (e.g., do you have your /var/tmp (or other $TMPDIR) on a nfs
mounted or union mounted or memory filesystem? On what kind of
filesystem are your sources/ your build directory?)

c) it might be a problem with the shared libraries... (I know you only
did un upgrade; try to make sure you have only the newest ones in
/usr/lib (move the others away; don't delete them, you might need
them).

d) track the problem down to a minimal c++ program, which creates the
error

As for a workaround; well, yes, if it works for you to use the olde
bin11 contributed g++ binaries for your daily work... do so. But it
would be good to find out what the problem is.