Re: NetBSD-1.2 problems

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Ingmar Sittl wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I just installed NetBsd-1.2 on my AMIGA 1200T/Blizzard-1240T/16MB/850MB
> IDE HD/6xMitsumi-ATAPI-CD and it works quite well, but I have some
> problems:
>
> 1.I have a little problem with the AGA display. As I read in the
> mailing-list-archive, there is a way to binpatch the kernel to use the
> same resolution with NetBSD as under AMIGA-OS. So I started MonEd and
> wrote the parameters for DblNTSC and DblPAL down. Then I binpatched as

Hi.
I was playing with DblPal and DblNTSC some time ago with my Svga on
NetBSD and must said that the parameters get from AmigaOS are NOT suitable
for NetBSD.If i could advise you should change vtotal and htotal and
dont bother with others for a good start (they are the most sensitive)
If it doesnt help mail me for a ready excerpt of my binpatch script.
(Assuming u have vga/svga or other cheap'o monitor that cant handle <30kHz
synchronized gfx modes)

Greetings
                gelo.