Re: NetBSD-1.2 problems

On Feb  7,  9:05pm, Grzegorz Wojtowicz wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Ingmar Sittl wrote:
> > 1.I have a little problem with the AGA display. As I read in the
> > mailing-list-archive, there is a way to binpatch the kernel to use the
> > same resolution with NetBSD as under AMIGA-OS. So I started MonEd and
> > wrote the parameters for DblNTSC and DblPAL down. Then I binpatched as
>
> Hi.
> I was playing with DblPal and DblNTSC some time ago with my Svga on
> NetBSD and must said that the parameters get from AmigaOS are NOT suitable
> for NetBSD.If i could advise you should change vtotal and htotal and
> dont bother with others for a good start (they are the most sensitive)
> If it doesnt help mail me for a ready excerpt of my binpatch script.
> (Assuming u have vga/svga or other cheap'o monitor that cant handle <30kHz
> synchronized gfx modes)

  There is a GRF_AGA_VGA option that can be set in the config file to enable
a 31Khz dblNTSC mode.  It was not used as the default dblNTSC mode because
of some problems with it [which I hope to resolve].

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch                        INTERNET:  osymh%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant