Re: NetBSD-1.2 problems

On Feb  7, 12:48pm, Ingmar Sittl wrote:
> 1.I have a little problem with the AGA display. As I read in the
> mailing-list-archive, there is a way to binpatch the kernel to use the
> same resolution with NetBSD as under AMIGA-OS. So I started MonEd and
> wrote the parameters for DblNTSC and DblPAL down. Then I binpatched as
> following
> These are EXACTLY the values MonEd returned, when I was running the
> modes DblNTSC and DblPAL !
>
> Now I binpatched _ite_default_height and _ite_default_width to the
> values I had in DblPAL on AMIGA-OS (x=704, y=550 i think). Now when I
> started NetBSD all I got was a black display. I heard my harddisk
> running, and I could login and shut the system down again, but I saw
> nothing on the screen.
>
> Can anybody tell me what I did wrong or give me values for binpatch with
> which I can get a decent resolution non-interlaced on my AGA-Display ?

  The current display driver for the DblNTSC and DblPAL is very sensitive
to changes in the variable beam counters.  The interaction between the
values you patched and other registers calculated by the driver is not
currently handled correctly and can result in non-working displays.

  I'm not certain about the DblPAL mode, but the DblNTSC mode should handle
larger resolutions just by changing the width and height of the display
(by patching the ite_default_* variables, or by using iteconfig).  I'll have
to test what the DblPAL mode can handle.

  I now have a better understanding of the AGA display modes and am in the
process of modifying the display driver to set up the various AGA modes
better.  I also have a working Super72 display mode as well.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch                        INTERNET:  osymh%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant