Graphicspeed with X under NetBSD

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 Tom.Stock%gsbsc.gensig.com@localhost wrote:
> Are the graphics slower due to the conversion on the amiga or does
> NetBSD take advantage of the amiga (aga) chipset?
With what do you want do compare the speed?
The current X-server takes advantage of the aga-chipset. You can open
displays with a depth from 1 to 8 bits. But at 8 bits it becomes really
slow. It's the same effect as under Amiga-OS, the chips are simply too
slow. The graphic-speed when using a screen with a higher depth reduces
as it does under Amiga-OS. When using a depht of 3 Bitplanes it seems to
be a little bit slower than the Amiga-OS. I think the X-server is not so
efficient as Amiga-Intuition.
I don't know if there would be room for improvement as the aga-chipset is
the bottleneck for the graphicspeed.
Ciao,
        Alex.
---
http://rfhs8012.fh.uni-regensburg.de/~asorg
e-mail: alexander.sorg%stud.fh-regensburg.de@localhost
Job: Student of Telecomunication/Electronics
Current special interest: Java