Old tape drive

Hi,

I'm running NetBSD-1.1 on an A3000.
It's quite fine, but I have two problems:
- Sometimes (not too often though) the SCSI freezes, the LED stays on
and nothing else happens. The bus is terminated on both the machine and the
disk side (if it wasn't it didn't even recognise the disk).

- I have an old Wangtek tape drive. The basic mt commands such as
rewind and retension work OK, but any command that involves transfers
wouldn't - even writing EOF generates 'invalid command' and the hexdump
of the SCSI transaction.
The kernel at boot time reads the following ID from the drive:
WANGTEK 5525ES SCSI REV. 1

Just a question, what is the meaning of the time-zone constant in the
kernel configuration file (the first two lines) ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Zoltan

* Zoltan Kocsi                      *    I don't believe in miracles but    *
* Bendor Research Pty. Ltd.         *    I rely on them.                    *