idewait error

Hello!

Last weekend I tried to install NetBSD 1.2 on my A4000 with
cyberstorm MKII. I created user, swap and root partition on
my 1.2G Fireball IDE harddisk, then I copied the installation
filesystem on the swap partition with xstreamtodev. Now I started
NetBSD with loadbsd and saw the system information: no errors
and even my Merlin II graphiccard was recognized. The configuration
with "sd0*" worked as promised too. After mounting ADOS, I extracted
base12. But while extracting comp12, I received this error message:

mode=0100444 inum=64 fs=/m~t/usr
panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
Stopped at 0xb1986: unlk a6

I tried to install NetBSD from the beginningmany times, but I never
get even base12 extracted. Most times the extracing stopped with
errormessages like:

idewait: error 04 01

or

idewait: error 04 51

or

idewait timeout 50
idestart: timeout waiting for dra

I tried loadbsd and loadbsd-2.14 with different options (even -I ff on my
IDE drive :-) . I recognized that the output of ls from my amiga directory
is disturbed: sometimes "." was replaced by ">" and "n" by "~".
I thought this could be a problem with my 4 drive adapter, so I removed
the 4 drive adapter, the second harddisk and the CD-ROM. The problem
with the mixed up charakters seemed to be gone, but the idewait problem
was still there. I'm sure the IDE cable and the harddisk are ok, because
I use both quite a while now with AmigaOS and never had any problems with
them.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Gerd
I thought this could be a problem with my 4 drive adapter