Re: Serial console?

Do you have

options "SERCONSOLE=0"

in your kernel configuration file?

If not, add it, then:

config YOURKERNEL
cd ../compile/YOURKERNEL
rm ser.o ; make

I never tried this on NetBSD/Amiga, but I just verified in the source
code that it should do what you want.

        The console is choosen as follows:

Serial has the lowest priority (CN_NORMAL / 1)

Next higher (CN_INTERNAL / 2) is whatever ite has highest priority
among the ite's. Current algorithm seems to be to use the N from
iteN. This works such that if you have custom chips and a graphics
board, console will open on the graphics board.

Highest priority (CN_REMOTE) has the serial with unit SERCONSOLE.

mfc and ql don't have console code currently.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis