Re: a browser that runs?

> Do I read the error message right in that it is libXext.so.7 that
> can't find the _XGetRequest symbol,

That's how I read it too.

> so only programs that call a routine in libXext.so.7 will have a
> problem?

Yes, but that's lots of stuff, apparently including one you care about.
It's only weirdos like me who still write things that don't depend on
lots of extensions.

> BTW, how does NetBSD identify the system browser, and how do I change
> that?

I have no idea.  Indeed, "system browser" strikes me as an
inappropriate notion; surely it should be "user's browser".

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign