Re: a browser that runs?

> Is there actually a browser that works out of the box for NetBSD?

I've had no problems with lynx, but, depending on what you want a
browser for, it may not satisfy your need.  (I do have a few things
that may mean it doesn't count as "out of the box" for you, such as
patches for local policy and freezing at a relatively old version.)

I also haven't tried it on recent NetBSD, so YMM, of course, V.

> Every time I try to get one running I get:

> /usr/X11R7/lib/libXext.so.7: Undefined PLT symbol "_XGetRequest" (symnum = 99)

Maybe try linking it statically instead of dynamically?  That'd be the
first thing I'd try when faced with that.  It does mean rebuilding if
the underlying libraries change, but I find that is a lower price than
fighting with the dynamic linker when it gets uppity.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign