Re: Library memory corruption

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> writes:

>> I figured out that the loaded and running instance of the shared library
>> had a 1-bit memory corruption
> How did you manage to find out that?

I'm trying to recall what tool I used, but it was a few years ago, all I
can clearly remember is that I managed to look at the symbol list of the
shared library, not on disk, but as loaded in the running system, and
discovered that the symbol being complained about had a 1-bit error in
its name in memory.

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay