a browser that runs?

Is there actually a browser that works out of the box for NetBSD?
Every time I try to get one running I get:

/usr/X11R7/lib/libXext.so.7: Undefined PLT symbol "_XGetRequest" (symnum = 99)
(this is from firefox60) or some such.   For LibreOffice I resorted to
using the Linux version.

I've three 7.0 systems running, all with the same /usr/X11R7/lib/libXext.so.7
straight off installation media, but I had the same issue when I was
running stock 5.x.   For random daily use I use a Win32 box for its
browser, but now I have a custom application that needs to call a
system browser.

I could move them up to 8.x, but if the same problem is there I will
have had a significant disruption at a very busy time.

Any words of wisdom (or consolation)?

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>