Re: VirtualBOX additions (again)

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 00:56:25 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> It looks rather usable now, anyway. I am not particularly bothered
> about the other VirtualBox "niceties" like shared folders, drag and
> drop, clipboards etc., as they all can easily enough be replaced
> with a simple ssh session from the host. It will be nice if the
> additions were made available somewhat easier than now, but is not
> that hard to build them from source.

Shared folders and drag and drop are not supported under NetBSD.
Clipboard seems to work just fine for me, though if you are using
xterm make sure you use selectToClipboard, i.e. "Select to Clipboard"
in the VT options menu (ctrl-middle click).

A package would be nice indeed.  The problem is that additions need
some internal kernel headers to compile the driver and we don't have
any formal way to distribute those in a way that pkgsrc can use.  Any
further questions about that should really be directed to the pkgsrc
folks.

-uwe