Re: Ryzen CPUs with INVPCID support?

Jaromír Doleček <jaromir.dolecek%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Can someone knowledgeable in AMD CPUs confirm whether Ryzen 3 or Ryzen
> 5 families include support for ASID/PCID and INVPCID? I'm unable to
> find docs to that effect. Only found Ryzen 3 doesn't support
> virtualization extensions, not sure if it's related or not.
>
> I'm building a small AMD rig for testing purposes and I'd like to get
> something for testing also INVPCID support in future.
>
> Jaromir

I am running one of these as a Xen 4.8.3 DOM0:

cpuctl identify 0
cpu0: "AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics    "
cpu0: AMD Family 17h (686-class)
cpu0: family 0x17 model 0x11 stepping 0 (id 0x810f10)

xl dmesg
(XEN) AMD-Vi: IOMMU Extended Features:
(XEN)  - Peripheral Page Service Request
(XEN)  - NX bit Supported
(XEN)  - Guest Translation
(XEN)  - Invalidate All Command
(XEN)  - Guest APIC supported
(XEN)  - Performance Counters
(XEN) AMD-Vi: IOMMU 0 Enabled.
(XEN) I/O virtualisation enabled
(XEN)  - Dom0 mode: Relaxed
(XEN) Interrupt remapping enabled
(XEN) ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs
(XEN)  -> Using new ACK method
(XEN) Allocated console ring of 16 KiB.
(XEN) HVM: ASIDs enabled.
(XEN) SVM: Supported advanced features:
(XEN)  - Nested Page Tables (NPT)
(XEN)  - Last Branch Record (LBR) Virtualisation
(XEN)  - Next-RIP Saved on #VMEXIT
(XEN)  - VMCB Clean Bits
(XEN)  - DecodeAssists
(XEN)  - Pause-Intercept Filter
(XEN)  - TSC Rate MSR
(XEN) HVM: SVM enabled
(XEN) HVM: Hardware Assisted Paging (HAP) detected
(XEN) HVM: HAP page sizes: 4kB, 2MB, 1GB

This is a 4 core cpu.  I am using a ASRock ITX motherboard with 16GB of
memory that is intended to be used for gaming.  I am running -current
and so far the only real problem is that the AHCI controller suffers
from the "reset problem", see kern/53672 among others.  I simply avoid
that issue by patching the source to use the "do not reset" quirk.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org