Re: PLIP

Hello Jonathan,

  ASB> atppc* at isa? port 0x378 irq 7
     > ppbus* at atppc?
     > plip* at ppbus?
     > options PLIP_DEBUG

   JK> You probably also need to remove the "lpt at puc" line.

    Thanks, you solved this for me on Saturday I think, after
I wrote the message that eventually made it through to the
mailing list this morning.  With your help and that from other
people in the #netbsd channel on Freenode, we're a big chunk
of the way there.  One end of the cable is a NetBSD/i386 7.2
host and, with a patched kernel, I have been able to assign an
IP address.  When I left the house this morning the other end,
a NetBSD/amd64 8.0 host, was compiling a similarly-patched
kernel.  I hope to test the link this evening and will report
the results here.

Thanks again,
  - Andy Ball