Re: VirtualBox Guest Additions anyone?

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 21:14:55 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> with which I was able to carry on building VirtualBox 5.1.30 much further.
> It stopped eventually:
> ..
> Build: Compiling ServicesR0 -

Oh, sorry, I forgot to provide the build instructions for the guest
additions.  You ended up building not the GAs but vbox itself, which
doesn't support netbsd as a host.

You need to install devel/yasm

You need to create the file LocalConfig.kmk in the top-level directory
with something like this:

----8<--------8<----
# Where the NetBSD sources are
# VBOX_NETBSD_SRC := /usr/src

# If you build the same workspace on multiple NetBSD versions (amd64
# vs i386 is taken care of by the build system)
# PATH_OUT_BASE := $(PATH_ROOT)/out-$(shell uname -r)

# XXX: svn checkout on my host is done with an old svn version that
# svn in the netbsd guest is not happy about, so proivde the revision
# manually
# VBOX_SVN_REV := 9999

# XXX: I don't remember if that affects GAs
# VBOX_WITHOUT_HARDENING := 1

VBOX_ONLY_ADDITIONS := 1
VBOX_WITH_ADDITION_DRIVERS := 1
VBOX_WITH_X11_ADDITIONS := 1

After that you should be able to build with:

  kmk KBUILD_VERBOSE=2 BUILD_TYPE=release   # or BUILD_TYPE=debug

PS: And if someone feels like hacking on shared folders or drm/kms
driver, drop me a mail.

-uwe