Re: VirtualBox Guest Additions anyone?

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 22:49:49 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> I managed to build somehow devel/kbuild under -current [...]

That package is ancient and has wrong patches iirc. :)

I think current vbox sources need a more recent version of kmk anyway,
so even my old pre-build kbuild binaries will probably not work.
That's why I mentioned kbuild svn.  You most likely must build the
latest.

Grab the sources from

  http://svn.netlabs.org/repos/kbuild/trunk

and look at the build instructions here:

  http://trac.netlabs.org/kbuild/wiki/Bootstrapping#TheQuickBootstrapProcedure

Bootstrapping requires gmake, autoconf, automake, gettext-lib and
gettext-tools.

You will also need to pass LDFLAGS=-lutil in the environment to that
bootstrap command.

If you don't have svn on the NetBSD machine you are building on, add
SvnInfo.kmk in the root of the source tree with

  KBUILD_SVN_URL := http://svn.netlabs.org/repos/kbuild/trunk
  KBUILD_SVN_REV := 3126 # or whatever

-uwe