Re: missing driver problem

At date and time Mon, 4 Aug 2014 16:08:48 +0100 (BST), Steve Blinkhorn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for pursuing this.   I downloaded an ISO image of 6.1.4, and
> installed from DVD.   I can see the same "not configured" messages in
> the hardware probe phase of the initial load from DVD.    Is it
> possible that the standard 6.1.4 kernel is somehow configured
> differently?

Hi Steve,

as I understand it Masanobu is saying the ethernet driver is in -current
and netbsd-6, but not in netbsd-6-1-4.

You can get a recent build of netbsd-6 here:

http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi

netbsd-6 is what you are looking for, not netbsd 6-0 or netbsd-6-1, and
not netbsd-6-0-6 or netbsd-6-1-4.

At some point this netbsd-6 branch will be branched to the formal
release netbsd-6-2, which from then on will receive only security and
bug fixes. The netbsd-6 branch meanwhile will continue to receive
*updates* as well as security fixes and bug fixes, and it will be
eventually branched to netbsd-6-3.

Masanobu's reply is excerpted below:

--
Gerard Lally