Re: BETA6.0 - AMD Opetron 6272 (16 core) multiprocessor config crashes

David Laight <david%l8s.co.uk@localhost> writes:

> I just had my i7 system lock solid.
> Was just running a kernel build.
> Has run a few ful builds without problems.
> May, or may not, be related.

My Dell PE2850 identifies thus at boot:

Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 2850
mainbus0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0 apid 0: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, id 0xf43
cpu1 at mainbus0 apid 6: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, id 0xf43
cpu2 at mainbus0 apid 1: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, id 0xf43
cpu3 at mainbus0 apid 7: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, id 0xf43

One of the things it does is be an NFS server for a couple other
systems.  Lately, using a -current from April 10th, it's been hanging
itself up from time to time, during heavy disk access from clients.
Everything else still works, but anything that tries to access disk
locks.  No error messages on the console or in the logs.

I can't break into the debugger on this box, so it's hard to debug
further.  I've tried setting hw.cnmagic to something simple, even just
a single character, but it doesn't do anything...

-tih
--
"The market" is a bunch of 28-year-olds who don't know anything. --Paul Krugman