Re: Linux emulation broken on 5.1? (PR 36184 ?)

In article
<4A153366-58F0-42C5-BE43-A48BB273DAAD%physik.uni-wuppertal.de@localhost>,
Torsten Harenberg  <harenberg%physik.uni-wuppertal.de@localhost> wrote:
>Dear Christos, Joerg,
>

>tried that and build a recent CURRENT kernel:
>
>NetBSD mail.physik.uni-wuppertal.de 5.99.53 NetBSD 5.99.53 (XEN3_DOMU)
>#0: Mon Jun 20 09:41:08 CEST 2011
>root%mail.physik.uni-wuppertal.de@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XEN3_DOMU
>amd64
>
>now Linux emulation seems to work, but gives some messages I haven't
>seen before:
>
>mail# /emul/linux/bin/ls
>/emul/linux/bin/ls: bad tag 1: [4 4, 16 4,  GNU  PaX]
>/emul/linux/bin/ls: unknown note type 1163097427

These two are DIAGNOSTIC, and can be ignored. In fact I was planning to
fix the code to understand GNU PaX notes.

>avelsieve-1.0.1.tar.gz        useradd_kuempel.ldif
>
>and syslog is full of these:
>
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>dpmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>opmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>pmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>wpmap_kenter_pa: mapping already present
>
>as this is a productive system (central mail server for ~200 users), I
>rebooted the RELEASE kernel immediately. Are these messages (both the
>one created by running the Linux ls and the "pmap_kenter_..." "normal"?

I don't like the pmap_kenter_pa() ones. Seems like the loader is having
issues. These are still DIAGNOSTIC and will not have adverse effects (other
than performance).

christos