[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Questions bfore installing amd64
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, Gobbledegeek wrote:
1. I could not locate the boot ISO image for amd64 port here:
2. I thik this is not possible, but let me ask anyways - Can I upgrade
form i386 to amd64 in place after booting the i386 OS? How ?
I've never tried this, but maybe follow the usual upgrade procedure:
1) boot new kernel (and hope that compat32 is in the new one ;)
2) replace userland - extract all sets but etc.tgz
3) use "etcupdate -s etc.tgz" to update your /etc files
4) see if you need to update the bootloader - it's likely.
installboot(8) gives help.
Main Index |
Thread Index |