Re: cdrecord on amd64 ?

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 01:28:48PM +0100, Andrew Doran wrote:
On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 01:04:03PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

is anyone using cdrecord on amd64 ? I'm having troubles getting it
working with a DVD writer on amd64. The drive reports error like "illegal
request", or sometimes it looks like the command doesn't even make it
to the drive. While building cdrecord I've seen some warnings about
"cast from pointer to integer of different size", so I suspect some
LP64 issues here.
I think it's not amd64 specific. I can't get the cdrtools package to work,
but this one works for me: cdrtools-ossdvd-2.01.1.36nb2

I tried this one too, but it fails in the same way. I also tried with a
DVD-R and a DVD-RW. I'll just assume that cdrtools can't drive this
device in dvd mode for now ...

Oh, I just remembered -- I've had much better luck if I disable burnfree mode. I can't remember what is the default, but burnfree doesn't work at all for me.

Cheers,
Jared