Re: NetBSD/amd64 in QEMU/KVM

On Tue 18 Mar 2008 at 22:31:44 +0100, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> vga0            at isa?

Ahhhh that explains what I reported a bit over 2 weeks ago to
current-users (Subject: Problems making and booting ISOs in
qemu-system-x86_32). See
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2008/03/02/msg001201.html
It also points at some other problems regarding making multi-boot cds
(for amd64 and alpha, for instance) which is needlessly made impossible.

1. Name conflicts. Amd64 boots want /boot and /netbsd.gz in the
   filesystem (and amd64's /usr/mdec/bootxx_cd9660 is added as El Torito
   boot image apparently).  Alpha wants /boot and /netbsd.alpha.gz in
   the ISO image (and alpha's /usr/mdec/bootxx_cd9660 is added with
   installboot).

   Obviously /boot conflicts, and /netbsd.gz for amd64 ought to be
   /netbsd.amd64.gz too.

   Why don't the bootxx* first stage booters look for /boot.alpha resp.
   /boot.amd64 (before looking for /boot)? And why does the Alpha /boot
   look for /netbsd.alpha.gz but the amd64 /boot not look for
   /netbsd.amd64.gz?

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.