Re: NetBSD/amd64 in QEMU/KVM

Joerg Roedel wrote:
Hi,

recently I tried to install NetBSD/amd64 in a QEMU/KVM virtual machine.
This failed with an early kernel panic because the install kernel was
not able to find the emulated graphics adapter. I also tried NetBSD/i386
and it worked fine in this environment. It turned out that adding the
line

vga0            at isa?

to the kernel configuration of the install and generic kernel fixed that
problem. The resulting install-iso booted fine to the installer. Maybe
this option should be enabled per default in the amd64 configuration.

Regards,

Joerg

A good question here is, why does NetBSD not find the PCI VGA card.
Does QEMU/KVM provide a PCI VGA card ?

Christoph