Re: bktr on amd64

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 09:19:39PM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Has anybody successfully used bktr on amd64?

Didn't work here on amd64 4.99.31.
This is with a Hauppauge Model 44801 D126 card.

Either magenta with a black line at top or solid green output
was all I got (using mplayer with xv or x11 respectively).

> I had a heck of a time trying
> to make it work on sparc64, as it assumes sizeof(long) == sizeof(int). My
> last attempt to use it (quite some time ago) on amd64 was unsuccessful as
> well.

Sad.

> If nobody says it works, I would like to remove it from the amd64 GENERIC
> config until it is fixed.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, maybe also drop a note somewhere
about this issue.

        Jonathan Kollasch