Port-alpha archive

Re: Installing NetBSD on DS10 Failing

Apologies for the typo in my original post.  Yes, it should have been
"aceride0", blame me for not wearing my glasses.

In the dmesg output, I see this line:

"aceride0: bus-master DMA support present, but unused (forced off by
config file)"

Which makes sense, because at power up, I tell SRM "BOOT DQB0", and it
happily boots and pulls data off of the CD just fine.  After, I think,
the kernel boots and begins using its driver, is where I'm guessing it
is failing.

Is there a way, during install, to force the DMA support off like in
the above DMESG output?  Other than building a custom kernel.

  Thanks,

  David