An interesting observation.  AFAIK, there is no second EISA bus. Since I cannot get past the kernel panic, not sure how I could get any other kernel in to test though.

Jason:

Is there anything i can do using ECU to solve the problem?  I don't really care if it makes it incompatible with VMS, since I am only keeping that to have something that I know boots!

cheers,

Nigel

Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, MCSE VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!
Skype:  TILBURY2591 nw.johnson%ieee.org@localhost

On 2021-12-30 11:02 a.m., Jason Thorpe wrote:

On Dec 30, 2021, at 8:52 AM, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody have any other ideas?
The machine boots and runs VMS fine so I do not suspect any hardware
failures.
What's connected to eisa1? It might be worth trying a kernel with just eisa0 to see if the issue is specific to some device in eisa1.
There were several Jensen bugs that I fixed in recent months, but the real root cause of the hang was incorrect interrupt setup in the “ahb” driver.

-- thorpej