Port-alpha archive

Re: Some API CS20 notes

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:26 PM, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
> Just like my DS25 from last March, running multiprocessor is not stable.
> While last year it locked up, now it panics, but the debugger seems useless
> (bt and other commands show nothing).
>
> Would anyone like serial console access to a CS20 running multiprocessor?
>
> Running single processor on this CS20 seems to be working well and the
> system is stable - I've been doing all sorts of things and compiling lots of
> things for twenty four hours straight with no problems.

Interesting.  I had a CS20 running a few years ago (I still have it in
a moving box somewhere).  It would run multiprocessor fairly well, but
eventually it would get massive filesystem corruption.  So it sounds
like the state of things has changed since then.

I also recall having to swap out SCSI controllers.  One OEM one worked
in Tru64 but not NetBSD, and the other one (I think Adaptec-based?)
worked in NetBSD but not Tru64.

-Dustin