Port-alpha archive

Re: can't reboot after running a 5.0 kernel

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Chuck Cranor wrote:

I also did a survey of some of the ports in the tree, and it looks
some port's cpu_setfunc() still call lwp_startup() while other ports
have been modified (like the alpha) to not call it:

arch    cpu_setfunc calls       does it call lpw_startup?  when changed?
m68k    setfunc_trampoline      no (vm_machdep.c 1.28, 2009/05/30)

I can verify that m68k does hang the same way, and that reverting the cpu_setfunc() change makes it work.

Mike
--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant