Port-alpha archive

Re: NetBSD support Alphaserver 300 / 400

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:43:15PM +0200, Jan Lentfer wrote:
> So first off, what can I contribute to actually keep the development
> of NetBSD/Alpha ongoing? Is just running -current enough or are there
> more things that can be done (I am no developer, though, but quite
> able to patch, compile, etc ....).

more eyeballs with -current always helps.

> Second question: Will NetBSD run on the Alphaserver 300 or 400? I
> could not find it on the supported hardware list.

it should.  s/alphaserver/alphastation/ . I think the only effective
difference is a graphics head on the alphastation.  (I would need to
blow off the dust on my 400 to check.)

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost