Port-alpha archive

Re: looking for a server

On 3 Apr 2008, at 2:11 PM, Miles Nordin wrote:
"dm" == Dave McGuire <mcguire%neurotica.com@localhost> writes:

   dm>    I dunno man...My Alpha systems run just fine.

as long as you don't run any programs that use threads, or try to burn
a CD.

The first CD burner I ever bought was for my DEC 3000/300. It burned CDs just fine using cdrecord. That Alpha lasted longer than the CD burner, too. :-)

e-mail: paul%gromit.dlib.vt.edu@localhost

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa