Port-alpha archive

Re: Self baked kernel panics

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Ede Wolf wrote:

Those kernels were made without the patch from itoh (kudos to you as well, of
course) as trying to apply the patch produces an error:

nordlicht# patch -C isp.c PATCHFILE
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- src/sys/dev/ic/isp.c.orig   Thu Nov 16 10:32:51 2006
|+++ src/sys/dev/ic/isp.c        Sat Feb  9 15:07:16 2008
--------------------------
Patching file isp.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 2957.
Hunk #2 failed at 3204.
2 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to isp.c.rej
Hmm...  Ignoring the trailing garbage.
done

  A quicker and easier work-around might be to change:

        u_int16_t nxti, optr, handle;
        u_int8_t local[QENTRY_LEN];

to:

        u_int8_t local[QENTRY_LEN];
        u_int16_t nxti, optr, handle;

This may just move the problem around (i.e., other different compile options may change the allocation around so the local array is still on an odd word boundry.

  An alternative would be to force the alignment of local:

        u_int8_t local[QENTRY_LEN] __aligned(4);

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant