Re: Observations on KDE 4.2 in wip

On Wed February 11 2009 23:18:51 Mark Davies wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2009 15:34:04 David H. Gutteridge wrote:
>
> > - The "new" mode start menu simply doesn't work for me.  It draws an
> > initial outline of a window on the screen and then never fills it in.
> > Switching it to "classic" mode works fine (which I prefer anyway).
>
> Works for me (though I probably prefer "classic" as well).
>
> > fixed things for me.  (I see the TODO file also references the idea of
> > migrating some of this data.)

This "worked for me" until I made the following upgrades:

ThinkPad T42 -> ThinkPad T500
NetBSD i386 -> amd64
xorg 1.4.2 -> 1.6.1.901 (from pkgsrc)
KDE 4.2.2 -> 4.2.3

It is not just the menu that fails but also all the mouse-over pop-ups along
the menubar as well as black-backgroud error pop-ups.  I see a partial outline
of a black border but no center.  It appears not to be X driver dependent as I
see this with both the Intel and the Radeon drivers.

Regards,
Sverre