Re: mktool patch decision

* On 2024-10-09 at 13:42 BST, Thomas Klausner wrote:

With my pkgsrc-pmc hat on: the mktool patch can be merged.

The advantages are:

- lots of speed ups if enabled
- no change if not enabled (which stays the default)

I've now merged all of the individual mktool changes.

If you are not a mktool user, you should see absolutely no change. Obviously let me know ASAP if you do!

If you are a mktool user, please make sure you are running the latest version 1.3.5 available via cargo or pkgtools/mktool, and enjoy all of the improvements.

I've been running this lots both enabled and disabled in bulk builds, and I'm pretty sure I've covered all of the issues, but again please let me know if you see anything that doesn't appear correct.

Next up I'm hoping to return to the argmax issues which will benefit both the default and mktool cases, so if you want to help out with that please let me know.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com