Re: mktool support for fetch

pin <voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost> writes:

>> It's a group decision that nonportable solution are not acceptable
>
> End of discussion.

That's a misinterpretation of what I meant, and I apologize for not
being careful about subjunctive mood.

Thomas asked "how is people carrying a patch different from it being in
the tree" and my reply was (with __ around things I should have said
more clearly but didn't):

  declining to accept the patch _would_ signify non-acceptance of
  non-portable approaches, and _accepting the pach would convey that
  non-portable approaches are ok_.

This was in my view just explaining my reasoning, not any kind of
decision.  I perceive that a) there isn't consenus b) there isn't doing
to be and c) pmc has not yet acted.

As I said earlier, I perceive myself to be an outlier, but there have
now been 3 additional people (at least; I'm too distracted by things
other than pkgsrc to reliably count) posting similar opinions.