Re: pkgsrc-2024Q3; feedback

Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> writes:

> Hi Van:

Hi Jason:

> There's more than one package repository, so you'll need to provide more
> info to help identify which one you're having trouble with.

I may have accessed the vlc package before it had fully refreshed on the
cdn side.  These are the contents of pkg_install.conf and repositories.conf

  /etc/pkg_install.conf
    PKG_PATH=https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/10.0_2024Q3/All

  /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf
    https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/$arch/10.0_2024Q3/All

> I'd start by providing the output of 'uname -a'.  If it's NetBSD, are
> you using the NetBSD project's packages, or those from SmartOS?

Here is the output from 'uname -a',

  NetBSD fretsaw 10.0_STABLE NetBSD 10.0_STABLE (GENERIC) #0: Sat Sep 21 12:38:36 UTC 2024 mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

NetBSD runs on the ThinkPad e470 disk storage. I'm not using SmartOS,
one day I'd like to have on the hypervisor the NetBSD and Plan 9
operating system personalities with drawterm accessing Plan 9's
environment from NetBSD.  And, XNU Darwin for a three headed dragon ;}

--
vl