mktool 1.3.0 now available

Hi!

Quick update on mktool progress. I just committed v1.3.0 to pkgsrc, this includes a new check-portability command to replace the shell/awk versions of the same name. Here's a quick summary of all the replacements implemented so far, along with real-world benchmark improvements seen during testing.

 * check-portability (30x faster)
 * check-shlibs (30x faster)
 * checksum (5x faster)
 * ctfconvert (8x faster)
 * distinfo (100x faster)
 * fetch (500x faster)
 * wrapper (11x faster)

A side benefit is that pkgtools/digest and pkgtools/mktools are no longer dependencies of most packages, and this can have a reasonable
impact on performance in bulk builds.

I've updated the dev/mktool branch to be rebased against the state of the tree as of 2024Q3. Note that you will also need to now set:

  FETCH_USING=mktool

in your mk.conf to use the mktool fetch replacement, as I wanted to ensure that users could use both mktool as well as a custom fetch
implementation if they had to for any reason.

As always, please let me know if you run into any issues with this whatsoever so that I can resolve them ASAP. The only feature that I am currently aware of that is missing in the replacements is support for CHECK_PORTABILITY_EXPERIMENTAL=yes, but I am not aware of anyone using this, and remain to be convinced that it's worth adding.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com