Re: Building OpenSSL 3.3.1 links with system libcrypto and libssl

On Tuesday, 1 October 2024 00.59.03 CEST Greg Troxel wrote:
> Mads Rasmussen <madsrasmussen%aserv.dk@localhost> writes:
> > Thanks to Jonathan Perkin, I may have found another possible cause of the
> > build error, the directory
> > /usr/pkgsrc/security/openssl/work/.buildlink/lib is empty, and I believe
> > there should be a libcrypto.so and libssl.so there, at least temporarily,
> > when building, however, I could be mistaken
>
> It should have lib symlinks for things that openssl depends on.  Which
> is not much; I do see
>
> .include "../../mk/dlopen.buildlink3.mk"
>
> and in options.mk
>
> .include "../../devel/zlib/buildlink3.mk"
>
> Libraries that the packge *builds* do not end up there.   When some
> other package depends on openssl, then that packages work/buildlink dir
> will have symlinks to the openssl libs.

Okay, where would libcrypto.so and libssl.so be placed? the ones generated
from the pkgsrc OpenSSL build? /usr/pkg/lib?

I will try to install OpenSSL from the pkgsrc archive, there OpenSSL 1.1.1w is
available for NetBSD 8.2, if I have that installed, and the pkgsrc succeeds,
then I know that the already installed OpenSSL version is interfering with the
pkgsrc build somehow