Re: gphoto2 --list-files errorB

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024, Ramiro Aceves wrote:

> El 18/3/24 a las 13:46, John D. Baker escribió:
> > I had a similar problem accessing a Nikon Coolpix L22.  See the thread
> > starting here:
> >
> >    https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2022/01/23/msg028205.html
> >
> > and the PR I filed:  pkg/56666.
> >
> > The patch to "devel/libgphoto2" posted in the PR makes it work for me.

> I applied your patch, I rebuilt libgphoto2 and gphoto2  and worked!

Strictly speaking, it is not _my_ patch.  As noted in my PR it was
provided to me by another user.

> Before I received your hints I filled a bug report in pkg/58048

I saw that when I went looking for my old PR.

> Will this patch be applied in pkgsrc?

That is not for me to say.  Since it seems that NetBSD is the only
platform that needs this, unless it can be made conditional on the
target OS, I doubt it will be committed.  Consider that my PR has
been open for over two years...

The pkgsrc build system supports a variable LOCALPATCHES which describes
where such things can be kept.  See the pkgsrc documentation about how to
arrange to use this variable.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD