Re: Updating mbrola (again)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2024, Greg Troxel wrote:
ok - when you have each package in shape (pkglint clean, ready for
someone with commit access to just commit with "-F COMMIT_MSG") for
import or update, feel free to poke on pkgsrc-users that it is ready.

I've the mbrola package almost ready, just waiting for upstream to
possibly remove the patches. When I first updated mbrola in wip,
I made packages for the voices that are already in pkgsrc/audio:
mbrolavox-[en1|us1|us2|us3]. I now updated the makefiles to follow
the pkgsrc guide for projects hosted in git without a release nor
tag. Now, these voices have individual licenses which are basically
free of distribution for non-commercial use. The old packages use
the LICENSE string "no-commercial-use", and install the license
and readme files (some of the voices have the license in the readme
file) into the voice's dir. I'm doing the same, but it seems that
pkgscr is not happy now with the use of that string.

would it be better to introduce something like "mbrola-voices-license" and add the text the project is using as a licence (and maintaining the
individual licenses in the packages)?:
Terms and conditions on the use of the database

By obtaining, using and/or copying this database, you agree that
you have read, understood, and will comply with these terms and
conditions:

Permission is granted to use this database for synthesizing speech
with and only with MBROLA program made available from the MBROLA
project web page:

https://github.com/numediart/MBROLA/

The distribution of this database is submitted to the same terms
and conditions as the distribution of the Mbrola program. In
addition, this database may not be sold or incorporated into any
product which is sold without prior permission from the particular
author of the voice database file (look for license.txt file for
particular voice folder).

When no charge is made, this database may be copied and distributed
freely, provided that this notice is copied and distributed with
it.

Disclaimer

This database carries no warranty, expressed or implied. The user
assumes all risks, known or unknown, direct or indirect, which
involve this database in any way. In particular, the author of the
database does not take any commitment in view of any possible third
party rights.

This is not realy a license, because depends on the individual
licenses of each voice. Any advice? Should I just let the
no-commercial-use string of the old packages?

And by the way, packaging other voices is a matter of coping the
dir and change one string. The entire tar is more than 400MB, so
maybe this is a good opportunity to ask what voices people would be
interested in.

adr