Re: +CONTENTS issue with lang/perl5 update

On Mon, 11 Dec 2023 at 22:55, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > To chip in, my present pkg_rr fails as well in several packages
> > showing similar gssapi errorw, namely samba4:
>
> As always, I ask that people separate "pkg_rr problems" from "make
> replace" problems.  All pkg_rr does is run make replace in what is
> believed to be the correct order.  If the order is correct, and the make
> replace fails, it's not a pkg_rr problem.  If the order is wrong, or
> things are mishandled (like multiversion packages), then it is.
>
> > [1936/3885] Compiling source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c
> > In file included from
> > ../../third_party/heimdal/lib/gssapi/gssapi/gssapi_spnego.h:39,
> >                  from ../../lib/replace/system/gssapi.h:47,
> >                  from ../../lib/krb5_wrap/gss_samba.h:27,
> >                  from ../../auth/kerberos/pac_utils.h:27,
> >                  from ../../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:38:
> > ../../third_party/heimdal/lib/gssapi/gssapi/gssapi.h:94:40: error:
> > conflicting types for 'gss_name_t'
> >    94 | typedef struct gss_name_t_desc_struct *gss_name_t;
> >       |                                        ^~~~~~~~~~
>
> My guess is that somehow two versions of kerberos are being included.
> But that's very guessing.
>
> Certainly you should clean all workdirs and do "make" in samba4, without
> involving pkg_rr, and report that.

That's exactly what I did - this was a separate from pkg_rr attempt. I
don't know if there is any particular problem with pkg_rr in this
case, although I had some weird results prior to the problem with
samba4 ( I have lang/ghc 9.4 installed - because of pandoc - and for
some reason it rebuilt the same version perhaps three times in a row
after a failure elsewhere; I ended up removing ghc and everything
depending on it and installing the latest version etc...). Anyway, in
my case I think I am close to nuking whatever is installed via pkgsrc
and rebuilding it from scratch, which is not that big deal, it will
just take time.  I also had a problem with cairo 1.18nb1 - during a
pkg_rr run. it would not replace the previous 1.16 version as there
was a single .h file which appeared in another package - this sort of
version jumps do cause sometimes problems and have to be carried out
manually. Otherwise, pkgclean, pkg_admin rebuild[-tree] and pkg_chk
-uq are ran every time I decide to go through another few days of
pkg_rr.... But then, I usually run -current

--
----