Re: +CONTENTS issue with lang/perl5 update

* On 2023-12-11 at 13:32 GMT, Kevin Bloom wrote:

There was a recent update to lang/perl5 and when I attempt to
`make replace` it, I get an error about how +CONTENTS is missing from
p5-GSSAPI-..-nb14. I currently have p5-GSSAPI-...-nb15 installed -
the difference being the revsion number 14 vs 15. Is there any easier
way to resolve this error other than uninstalling everything that
uses perl and perl itself and rebuilding/reinstalling?

There are two likely causes of this:

 * You're running an older version of pkg_install prior to 20200701.
 * 'make replace' doesn't call pkg_admin rebuild-tree.

For the 20200701 pkg_install release I made a number of changes to fix +REQUIRED_BY generation, and in pkgin I ensured that rebuild-tree is called after any pkgdb changes:

  https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/commit/185902296ec91fc88287c8c47d47a56304e9dc2d
  https://github.com/NetBSDfr/pkgin/commit/7b8477561e49a2f174f6f4b37928b4e5d1da2f14

You should be able to fix it by manually running "pkg_admin rebuild-tree", but it would be good if someone can ensure that the replace target does this automatically (I never use it, sorry).

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com