Re: pkgsrc on Fedora Linux?

On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 21:48:23 +0100
Alexander Schreiber <als%thangorodrim.ch@localhost> wrote:

> Long story short: Is anyone using pkgsrc on current Fedora Linux and
> has a list of workarounds for known breakage? Otherwise the "try to make
> glusterfs build on Fedora Linux" project will stall out early ..

I do use F39 with pkgsrc in unprivileged mode on my work laptop. I have
a few uncommitted fixes here and there (mostly PLIST fixes and stuff to
make Xorg from pkgsrc work). I do have PREFER_PKGSRC=yes and both
ncurses and db4 from pkgsrc installed with no local workarounds in
those packages.

One addition I have in mk.conf that could be relevant is:

TOOLS_PLATFORM.gmake=/tnn/pkg/bin/gmake
TOOLS_PLATFORM.awk=/tnn/pkg/bin/nawk