pkgsrc on Fedora Linux?

Hi,

is anyone using pkgsrc on Fedora Linux? Since someone mentioned that the
filesystems/glusterfs package doesn't build there[0]. Ok, fair complaint,
I should look into this.  I spun up a Fedora server 39 VM, grabbed
pkgsrc-2023Q3, ran bootstrap and tried to build .. only to run into
pr/56843 (TLDR: ncurses doesn't build on Fedora). Ok, grabbed the
workaround mentioned in the PR (PREFER_NATIVE=ncurses) and continued.
Only for databases/db4 to fail to build next, with .libs/libdb4_cxx-4.8.so
missing (linker fun maybe?).

It doesn't help that Fedora 39 doesn't have db4, only db5 so I presumably
can't just fall back to the native Fedora package here.

Long story short: Is anyone using pkgsrc on current Fedora Linux and
has a list of workarounds for known breakage? Otherwise the "try to make
glusterfs build on Fedora Linux" project will stall out early ..

Kind regards,
           Alex.
[0] I admittedly didn't test that so far, my Linux systems are all
    Debian or derivatives thereof.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison