Re: wip/jed and wip/xjed committer request

> Did you write to $MAINTAINER?

I have not, is that normally how it works for packages not maintained
by pkgsrc-users?

> Why is LICENSE not in Makefile.common?

pkglint wanted me to put it into the individual Makefiles.

> WARN: jed/../../editors/jed/Makefile.common:4: Please add a line "# used by wip/jed/Makefile" here.
> WARN: xjed/../../editors/jed/Makefile.common:4: Please add a line "# used by wip/xjed/Makefile" here.

Those will be there until merged into -current because they will no
longer be in wip. There are comments for
"# used by editors/xjed/Makefile" and
"# used by editors/xjed/Makefile", however.

> It used to be that pkgsrc had a "releases only" norm, but this has
> eroded these days people seem to think it's ok to ask people to use the
> tip of some VCS and not have releases.  (They are of course wrong....)
> Certainly after these are hoisted, adding wip/jed that follows the
> development releases is a reasonable thing to do.

Okay, could be interesting. Thanks.

> Did you look at what Debian and other packging systems do?

I hadn't but I did just look at it after reading this and it appears
that Debian's current stable branch (called bookworm) has switched to
using version "0.99.20~pre.178".

> Have you filed a bug upstream that there are no releases?   I have found
> that sometimes that actually works.  It is more likely to work if almost
> no packaging systems are willing to track their non-release.

I could do that and see what's up - good idea!