Re: audio/csound6 and devel/sdl12-compat failing on Darwin (macOS 14.0)

On 10/28/23 03:25, Manuel Kuklinski wrote:
Am Freitag 27 Oktober 2023 um 5:11:54 -0700, schrieb Jason Bacon 2,4K:
Always happy to help out a hard-working maintainer...

The "missing run-time search paths" makes me suspect it's in need of
-install_name in the link command. Another way macOS is "special".

Here's an example of how building dylibs differs from BSD/Linux shared
objects:

https://github.com/outpaddling/libxtend/blob/main/Makefile

Hi Jason,

again, one question: for the future, should I write
pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost or submit to pkgsrc-bugs%NetBSD.org@localhost via
send-pr(1)?

I'm doubting my past e-mails, since it seems that I'm flooding this
mailing list, with - as it seems -, trivial questions for you regular
maintainers, regarding ports I'd like to use...

I'm not seeing myself as "a hard-working maintainer" - just a casual
pkgsrc user, somtimes commiting wo wip; but I'm contemplating about
donating to NetBSD, since you've kindly helped me 'till now, and I like
pkgsrc!

Kind regards.

I think discussions like this useful for other pkgsrc users, so
pkgsrc-users is a good place to start.  This also probably reaches the
widest audience of people who might be able to help.  If the discussion
becomes long and it's not relevant to typical users, we can always go
off list for parts of it (and post the solution to pkgsrc-users at the
end for posterity), or switch over to tech-pkg.